Introducing Outpost Club membership tiers
Here at Outpost Club, we’re always looking for opportunities to make a difference to our members in the areas that matter most to them -- so we want to let you know about a change to our memberships that will give you access to a host of new benefits and flexibility during your time with us.
Here’s how it works: You choose your membership level -- Gold, Silver or Bronze -- and, once you’ve paid your one-time membership fee, gain access to all the perks of that level, which you can read more about here.
Why is Outpost Club changing its membership model?
What this change does is solve for the unpredictability of daily life; we’ve taken into account the fact that our members tend to value mobility and want flexibility in their living arrangements. We’ve preserved the benefits of our current membership for Silver and Bronze members, while building benefits into the new Gold membership that are meant to make it as easy as possible to adjust if your plans change.
Flight canceled? We’ll work with you so you have somewhere to stay while you rebook. Friends in town last-minute for the weekend? They can stay for free, no problem. Opportunity of a lifetime taking you out of town for a few months? We’ll pause your stay. Whatever life throws at you, our Gold membership is meant to take care of it.
How does this benefit me?
Outpost members at all levels will continue to enjoy the same benefits they’ve gotten used to during their stay, like included utilities and WiFi, cleaning services, fully furnished houses, access to Outpost Club events and provided household essentials. We’re committed to making Outpost a great place to live regardless of whether you choose the Gold, Silver or Bronze plan.
Our Gold membership is a great opportunity to take full advantage of our new perks, even if you’re only staying with us for a short time. Those perks include exclusive monthly pricing, the ability to have a guest stay at Outpost for free for four nights per month; your friends and family won’t have to worry about finding a place to stay during their visit, and you won’t have to worry about an overnight guest fee!
You’ll also be able to pause your stay if your plans change for up to 90 days at any point during your membership, and you’ll enjoy a free week’s stay at an Outpost Club house at any point in the 6 months following the end of your membership and the flexibility to cancel your stay with 30 days’ notice for only $250.
You’ll see the full benefit of our exclusive monthly Gold rates if you’re staying with us for even longer, as a Gold membership will pay for itself after 4 months.
What does it mean for my existing membership?
Nothing, unless you want it to! Current Outpost Club members will be grandfathered into our previous membership model, meaning that through the end of your current agreement, you’ll be locked into the membership originally signed up for. Your pricing will stay the same unless you choose to make a change to your current agreement. Here’s what that means:
- If you stay in your current room in your current house, your original agreement will be honored.
- If you choose to make certain changes to your original agreement -- meaning switching houses or downgrading your membership -- you’ll be moved to the new membership model.
- If you choose to upgrade your membership (for example, by moving from a shared room to a private room), you may choose to continue under your original membership agreement.
- If you choose to extend your original agreement, you’ll move to the new membership model.
What do the memberships include?
Bronze and Silver memberships include the following, with the exception of Silver members being able to move in on any day of the month (instead of just on the 1st):
- All-inclusive membership: We take care of utilities, WiFi and household essentials
- Access to multiple events every month
- Fully furnished, recently remodeled houses
- 24/7 security in all common areas
- Cleaning and maintenance: We take care of your home so you don't have to
- Free stays: Your guests stay for free up to 1 night per month
- Silver members: If you are a Silver member with a private bedroom, you may have a guest stay in your room up to three times per month.
In addition to all of the perks Silver members enjoy, your Gold membership includes:
- Exclusive membership rates
- Free stays: Your guests stay for free up to 4 nights per month
- If you have a private bedroom, you may have a guest stay in your room up to seven times per month.
- Access to all Outpost Club houses
- Priority access to new Outpost Club houses
- One free week's stay during 6 mos. after the end of your membership agreement
- Flexibility: Cancel your stay with 30-day notice for a $250 fee
- Pause your stay for 30-90 days
- Airplane insurance: We'll work with you if your travel plans change for up to two additional nights of stay
- Same-day move-in option
- No late-night check-in fee
- Flexible deposit options
- Free premium events
The Bronze level is free with your membership. You can upgrade to a Silver membership for a one-time fee of $29 and to Gold for a one-time fee of $690. You can check out the full details of the new membership plans here.